Are you a content geek? We’re looking for you.
XL needs an individual who is passionate about taxonomies, metadata schemas, tagging systems, labeling, findability. Someone proficient at both setting content strategies to meet business goals and getting dirty in editorial processes. Someone who takes content governance seriously and drives user-centric, consistent, engaging and quality content. Someone with a proven record of making order of chaos and keeping it that way…
You will be helping to define XL’s external web and intranet content vision, strategies, structures, governance and processes. You will support a program of work in migrating existing content to new platforms.
This position is part time during afternoons Eastern time and location in NYC metro area is desirable.
• Own XL’s content strategies, documenting and championing with stakeholders
• Develop, manage and constantly reinforce content governance models for both organizing and developing content
• Manage editorial processes - from planning through execution, assign & track new content development
• Develop, maintain and enforce best practices among content publishers
• Help content publishers across XL own the full content lifecycle
• Create taxonomies, nomenclature, schemas, definitions
• Audit, catalogue and organize content
• Create search optimization plans for content
• provides consistent, user-centric, and engaging content
• 5-6 years in a web content strategy role
• 5 years or more managing online editorial processes
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exemplary communication and presentation skills
• Expertise in content management systems, functions and content migrations (Sitecore and Microsoft Sharepoint experience a boon)
• Experience managing multilingual content a plus
• Thrive on multitasking and working in a fast paced environment