Note: We have inadvertently posted a similar project with a wrong budget. Please bid on this one only. The other one will be cancelled at the first opportunity.
We have a list of keywords that we want the number of google searches for, as well as title competition on google and yahoo. We also want the same for google’s keyword suggestions using the google keyword tool.
For the following task, you must have a google account, and you must have access to and be signed into adwords (free to sign up).
Important: You MUST be signed in when performing the searches. Otherwise, you will not get accurate results on every search.
Preparations are as follows:
1. Go onto [url removed, login to view] and sign in.
2. Check the box for “Only show ideas closely related to my search terms”
3. Under “Advanced options and filters”, make the following selections:
-Locations and languages: United States and English
-Do not check “include adult ideas”
-Show Ideas and Statistics for “Laptop and desktop devices”
-Filter keywords: Local Monthly Searches >= 300
4. On the left hand menu, check Exact under Match Types. Leave Phrase and Broad unchecked.
5. Under Columns, check only Local Monthly Searches and Approximate CPC. We strongly suggest you leave all the others unchecked to prevent copying down the wrong number.
We have supplied a list of keywords/keyphrases in a separate text document. For each of the keywords listed, do as follows:
1. Perform a search for the keyword/keyphrase using the settings above in the google keyword tool.
2. For the keyword/keyphrase and for all the keyword ideas presented by google, write down the number of monthly local searches and the CPC. The CPC must be presented in dollars
3. Then perform a search on yahoo using intitle:”keyword/keyphrase”. For instance, if the keyphrase is “old cars”, then type intitle:”old cars” in the search field on yahoo. Write down the number of results as listed below the right hand side of the search field.
4. Then perform a search on google using allintitle: ”keyword/keyphrase”. For instance, if the keyphrase is “old cars”, then type allintitle: ”old cars”. If the number of results presented by google is higher than 5000, copy down the number of results as listed. However, if it is lower than 5000, do not write down the number of results as presented by google on this page, but browse through the results until you reach the last page presented. Now, copy down the number of results. This number will usually be significantly lower. See the attached images example-1 and example-2 for illustration.
5. Then, add all the information you have aquired for this keyword to a list, which you will present as a deliverable for this project. The list should be presented in a well-known, Excel readable spreadsheet format (Excel, OpenOffice or similar), and the format should be as follows for each row in the spreadsheet:
Cell C: keyword/keyphrase
Cell D: Number of searches based on the google adwords keyword tool
Cell E: Number of yahoo intitle results, as explained in point 3
Cell F: Number of google allintitle results as explained in point 4
Cell G: CPC for the keyword, as copied down from the google adwords keyword tool
Row 1 in the spreadsheet must have appropriate titles for the columns below. I.e. cell C1 should have the text “keyword”, cell D1 should have the title “searches” etc.
Columns A and B are to be left empty
The results must be sorted by number of Local Monthly Searches.
An example is provided in an excel file. Note that the number in the example are not correct. They are strictly for illustration purposes.
As this is not a very complicated job, the job will be awarded to the lowest bidder.