We are designing our new corporate website and prior to launch we wish to optimize our SEO for better visibility against both our "ideal" search terms as well as our competitors.
We will provide you a list of 25 competitive firms and approx. 25 blog / media sites that attract the visitors we most want to reach via organic search. Additionally we will provide you a list of 15-20 words/phrases we "think" are ideal for us to optimize for, in hopes of increasing our search visibility.
From these competitive firms, sites, and search terms we want you to research, analyze, then recommend the following:
1. What are the search terms these competitors and sites are best optimized for? In other words, what causes these particular firms and sites to rank as high as they do.
2. What alternative search terms might be easier for us to "own" and "optimize" because our competitors and blog/media sites have SEO gaps that you have identified.
3. What back-linking sites are our competitors and media/blog sites receiving that appear to be driving the most Google Search "influence" and driving their search rankings. IE: what are the HIGH QUALITY sites that we should be targeting for back-links.
4. What role does Video (if any) play in the search ranking/visibility of these competitors and sites/blogs.
5. What roles does social play (we are a B2B company).. ie: Google Circles
6. Final Recommendations - Please advise us on what and how we should prioritize our SEO strategy in terms of:
Content Publishing Frequency
Back-Linking Strategy and Plan
Other - anything else you believe is critical to our long term success.