Note: To see photos please look at the Freelance Technical Spec Outline.pdf. I can send the XCode project in a zip file on request.
We would like a freelance developer to build out our friend search and request functionality. You can find the specs of the request below. This will be built in Swift for iOS. We have built much of this application, but have not built the friend search functionality.
We want you to implement our friend search and requesting functionality.
It should be accessible from two places
1. First, our side menu: by clicking “+Add”
You can see the animation for this screen here: [login to view URL]
The keyboard should automatically be opened and stay open
2. Second, from our landing screen
This screen is the landing screen when a user does not have any friends
You can see the animation for this here: [login to view URL]
Note: The “Done” Button should say “Search” and be Blue
The presentation within our ‘AddFriendViewController’ should search for potential friends as a user is typing and actively update the results while typing.
Like instagram, that shows suggestions as you type
For example, search should update like this: [login to view URL]
Each user should have a button on the right, each button should have three states
1. Add: When searching users, any user that is not a friend should have “+Add” as an option to send a request
2. Cancel Request: Once the friend request is sent, and is pending, the button should say cancel request see below
3. Friends: once a user is friends the button should say friend
- We will provide you with a sandbox Django project that you can use to test the interaction of the Swift application with our Django server.
- We will provide you with a sandbox XCode project where you will need to implement the aforementioned animation and functionality within the framework of our core view controllers.
[login to view URL]
- We will provide the API documentation for the server APIs, and what we expect you to do with responses from those APIs.
API documentation: [login to view URL]