We have created a series of children's books for print and would like to explore also publishing it as an iPad application. We require only a 'conceptual' demonstration to help sell the idea to decision makers unfamiliar with the possibilities of the medium. Looking at the attachment now is perhaps the quickest way to get the idea.
You do not need to complete all of the requirements but your submission must indicate which elements you will attempt to implement.
We will provide all the artwork you require and all the artistic decisions:
+ all artwork will be provided as adobe photoshop files (.psd) with multiple layers
+ animation start and stop points provided as separate layers
For example, the tree is provided as a single .psd file showing just the tree itself in the start position as one layer and the stop position as another layer. Similarly the river shimmer may be provided as three or more layers as necessary to achieve a reasonable dynamic effect.
Requests to alter, extend, and reformat the artwork are acceptable as negotiated in advance, or within reason after accepting the job. For example, if you elect to attempt animating Widodo running across the branch then please advise in advance so we can provide the complete and correct artwork to help you do that.
All artistic decisions (colors and fonts) will be provided in advance, or in timely manner on request.
All sounds and music will be provided in mp3 format.
This is just a demo of the possibilities of the app. You are not required to implement all of these features. In your response please indicate which features you will not attempt, or indicate your confidence of delivering the feature within the budget as a percentage. (eg: "top bar = 100%, animate the river = 60%, falling leaves = 0%")
+ top bar:
- table of contents icon
- 'read' icon
- sounds icon
+ bottom bar:
- app store icon
- facebook icon
- twitter icon
- website icon
+ content pane:
- tree form - layered over top and bottom bar
- 'widodo' character on branch in start position
- 'widodo' character on branch in stop position
- text box 'batik' border
- sample text in text box
- the tree sways 'in the breeze'
- the river 'shimmering'
- leaves detach from the top tree branch and 'flutter' down screen; disappearing behind the bottom bar
- the animal character running from left to right (along the branch)
- the animal character running from right to left (along the branch)
- 'floating' the text box
- autoscroll of the text in textbox
- tap 'read' icon to show the text box and commence the narrator (reading the text)
- tap 'pause' to stop the narrator and hide the textbox
- tap/swipe the character to trigger the running animation
- background music
- scene effects (whistling wind and tinkling river)
- rustle of character running along the branch
- narrator (reading the text)
- tactile sound when clicking menu items
You are welcome to use any technology you choose to deliver this demonstration. However it must be:
+ deployable to an ipad
Testing will occur on the artist's iPad, so all assistance getting it there and running will be required.
+ all source material used to implement the solution must be delivered
+ although not essential, we would appreciate use of your apple developer account to download the solution to <10 different iPad(s), you are welcome to deliver via [url removed, login to view] if you prefer. Additional expenses required to deliver must be indicated in advance.