I am in need of an iPhone and mobile developer for an eBook app. I hope to make this app multi-platform in the long-run, but to start off, I want it developed for iPhone.
I need a template that is very similar to something like the Bible app (from YouVersion). My content will be a series of reference manuals for professionals. There are over 500 of these manuals, but I will be responsible for input of content. I need you to do the following.
1. A splash page.
2. Online version. Users can browse and read content while online. They can also search content online.
3. Offline version. Users can download content to their device.
4. Search functionality. Users can input keyword text and search all on-line content. They can choose to search all on-line, off-line only, or search a specific book.
4. In-app purchases. Users pay to download content to offline version.
5. Basic Reader functions (like iBooks): flip pages, scroll pages, orientation mode, font, font size, night/day setting.
6. Bookmarks (online and offline content) and notes (offline content only) functionality.
7. Browsing tree: 1) Book 2) Chapter 3) sub-chapter.
In addition to the app, I need help with setting up the web service itself. Since the content will be stored remotely on a server, I need assistance finding a good service, and XML templates for how to arrange and set up content. I presently have content in PDF format (text recognized). We'll talk to see if its better to use PDF or XML. The app, obviously, needs to connect seamlessly to this server.
I also need setting up of user accounts for in-app purchases (done via Apple?).
I'll work closely with you in terms of design elements of the UI, and the look and feel. I'm very respectful of developer opinions, and am most likely to think you're probably more right than me on many UI choices.
Bid only for the iPhone app and what I've described above. I expect the iPhone app to be built in iPad resolution, for functionality on both platforms.
Future development for other platforms (WinMo, BB, Android) will be change orders at a later date.