Need an expert to develop applications for ipad tablets. Users of this application will view and interact with customized content.
1. The application distributions have to be for iPad supporting the ipad 1 and 2.
2. A content pack that a user downloads, that is unique to each user. The content pack includes images, videos, html files, pdf files, and a sqlite database. The same content pack will be downloaded by both ipad and android users. Once the user opens the application, the user has to sign in and download the content pack. The user downloads this content pack from an out-of-band URL, where they enter the password and get their content pack if they are a valid user. A user must be able to download multiple content packs, and view them simultaneously, while switching between them.
3. Search by keyword or product number
4. Search by vendor name
5. View product images and videos in gallery
6. Tablets will be offline for majority of time.
7. We will provide the screens and the database.
8. We will also provide the application directory structure
- The application will have version number in the 1.1 format.
- Once the user installs the application, they will click on login. The login will locally authenticate the user. If this is a first time download, there will be a sample database. The “Synchronize” popup should come up right after the installation of the app. The synchronize popup will have three buttons. “Synchronize”, “Cancel” and “Settings”. The synchronize will have two functions:
o User clicks the button “Synchronize”, it looks for a new app version and new rar file version. This request will be sent to an online URL. The request will have the following parameters: USERNAME, PASSWORD, “DEVICE=ipad10”, “OS=ios4.1” and “APP_VERSION=1.0”. When user clicks on synchronize, the login screen is presented. Then the new database and images are downloaded. Then the last 10 downloads are displayed.
o Based on the above sent parameters, Online app responds with update available or update not available. For both new rar file and new app. (app can be new and same database or database can be new with same app or both can be new)
o If new version is available, iPad application renames the current database and downloads the new rar file.
- The synchronize popup will have a “Synchronize”, “Cancel”, and “Settings”.
- If the time accedes the frequency, the prompt asks if the user wants to synchronize
- Images will be downloaded and saved locally. Images will be in png format for the most part.
- PDF documents will also be downloaded and saved locally
- This will be a full screen with a logo, username and password fields.
- There will also be a settings button that will be active the user can click. When application is first downloaded, the default database will be displayed.
- Once user logs in for the first time, the application will automatically download the pertinent rar file with all the catalog content and also download the new application if there is a new version
The app should display a few select statements from a sqllite database
The app should display a few downloaded images
The app should download the new database and images via synchronize
When a new version of the database is available, the app should download the new version when user clicks on synch