iPhone quiz application with true/false and multiple choice answer options.
1. Splash view. Provided for app start-up.
2. Main view. Use supplied background_main.png. Buttons include: New Quiz, How to Play, High Scores, Settings.
3. How to Play view. Step by step tutorial on how to play the game.
4. Quiz view. Play music_quiz.wav. System will randomly select and display X questions from SQLite database; randomize questions and answer choices. Each quiz screen will randomly select from background_quiz_#.png, and not use same background more than once in question succession. Some questions will have images related to them (provided), so questions should allow for HTML (img, bold, italic, line break, etc.). If answer is incorrect – vibrate, play [url removed, login to view] sound, and change button to red background before moving to next question after one second delay. If answer is correct – play [url removed, login to view] sound and change button to green background before moving to next question after one second delay. Game scoreboard on the top of the screen with score and question number. Each game should be timed, but timer is not displayed to player. Pause game if text, alarm or phone call arrive. Next question screen should fly-in from right. Include ability to skip up to 20% of questions.
5. Results view. Show game results and play music_results.wav. Score to be determined based on number of questions, number of questions answered correctly, number of skipped questions, and timer of game (methodology to be provided). Buttons include: Main Menu, Play Again, Upload Score to Leaderboard, View High Scores.
6. High Scores view. Display high scores on iPhone and on Leaderboard (toggle switch). Play music_highscores.wav. Buttons include: Share on Facebook, Share on Twitter.
7. Settings view. Remember settings between app uses. Fields include: Name (default=iPhone_SSMMHHDDMMYY), Turn music on/off (default=on), Turn button clicks on/off (default=on), Turn vibration on/off (default=on), Set number of questions (default=5). Button to About view.
6. About view. Use supplied background_about.png. Include Copyright, supplied logo and include a text field for the version number (which should pull from [url removed, login to view] bundle version). Link to Other Games loads from website.
- Experience in SDK iPhone application development
- Experience implementing Google metrics SDK in iPhone application development
- Must be written in Objective-c and Cocoa with standard Xcode and Interface builder tools
- Number of apps included in the App Store (provide links)
- App development time limit 3 weeks (faster turn around is a plus)
- Agile development with status checks every 3-4 days. I will send you my iPhone UDID so you can email me .app files for testing
- Detailed design specification and question database will be supplied after project acceptance.
- You will be supplied with an Objective-c function for interacting with the website-based Leaderboard (uploading data and downloading high scores).
- App will only be displayed in portrait orientation, and should not rotate.
- The application should be delivered Apple Store ready. Assistance in approval is a plus.
- Ability to pause the game play.
- All internet functions (upload score, view leaderboard scores, web links) should be “wrapped” such that a warning should display if no internet access is available.
- All images, backgrounds, graphics and layout to be supplied.
- We will own all rights of the application; code should not contain any parts that can violate any intellectual property rights. You need to sign a work-for-hire contract and provide all Xcode content upon payment.
- Your recommendations to simplify and/or improve app are encouraged.
I'm new to Freelancer, but I have a long history of paying quickly and rewarding programmers who are smart and work hard. Thanks for considering working on this project!