Java code change for One-page SmartGWT Demo Application [url removed, login to view] to perform test Java DMI
Modify given Java code to return SmartGWT Collections of Maps working in the one-page SmartGWT Demo Application [url removed, login to view], with database accessed thru DMI, which will use Java classes passing SmartGWT Collections of Maps. Other DMI method is acceptable as long as they work in SmartGWT.
DMI cannot use XML configurations – just Java classes calls for CRUD operations to access a database.
1. Change Vectors to SmartGWT Collections of Maps, so the given sample code returns values loaded to Demo Application
2. Change given code. Make it compile – anyway you wish, as long as it returns data to Demo Application. If you have a sample of your code with DMI creating and returning maps – it can be used instead of the sample code given by me
3. You can hardcode in Java the values to be returned to Demo – just to see the passing of Maps works
4. Create some test data, so I can verify it
5. Sample given code passes Vectors and used to work with data retrieved from a Creator2EA Pointbase SQL database – I left many of the statements. Use them, if they help. Discard them, if you have a simpler idea to prove the DMI works
1. Add multi-line cell support, each line editable separately with editors set per column. Maybe – just HTML to present in the vertical column and then display control over it to do edit? Maybe – nested grids or trees? Each value in the cell’s list values must be updatable separately. It is up to your implementation how they may be presented.
Multiple entries of values in map (or list) in each grid’s cell. For example, content of a cell with five elements:
These entries are usually presented in a vertical layout. It should be something similar to Excel's multi-line cell, with Alt+Enter key to add new line.
2. The row height needs to auto–adjust to the highest cell in the row
This is one of many jobs in a big code writing project. If you are successful now, follow up bigger jobs will be directed to you or we can establish more permanent arrangement.