We'd like a simple voice recording software that does the following:
1) Records the user's voice message and stores it as a wav / mp3 file (sound should be reasonably clear quality with file size of <600KB for a 3 min recording)
2) Allows the user to name the wav / mp3 file
3) Automatically opens the default email software (Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook Express etc), creates a new email and attaches the voice message to it
4) Includes a short, pre-written message in the email body
5) Also allows for previous voice recordings to be opened and extra "recording" time to added at the end of the file and then the user may
continue from step 2 (as above).
The application should allow the adjustment for the volume of the mic / speakers. I don't believe that a database will be required for it but if it does, MySQL would be the choice.
We'll also like to include a simple "unlock" system when the software is installed on the computer. A brief run-through:
1) When installation is initiated, user is asked for his email address & registration code
2) We'll have a remote MySQL database in a server with some fields in the table.. the important ones would be: email, reg code & status
3) User enters his info & reg code (as provided by us)
4) The software connects to the remote MySQL database and checks to see if reg code listed in the database and if "status" is "VALID"
5) If valid, update the record to "USED" and allow the installation of the software to proceed (we have a web developer here so, if you need help on this, we can work the updation system out)
6) If the reg code has already been used, do not allow installation and show a message instructing the user to contact the company with his full details (we'll provide the exact message).
We'll provide a sample "story board" of how the software should look and flow + the graphics & color scheme.
The application should be platform indepedant and be able to run on MS Windows/Linux/Mac.
The total size of the JRE + Application should be lesser than 7MB.
The software is required in the shortest time possible.
We'll need the copyright & code released to us.