I have gone through a re-design of my site from raw Dreamweaver-based code to a MODX CMS-based site. I need some help with cleaning a few bugs and just the look of the site. I would say that I'm about 98% of the way there. Here are the tasks I would like a bid on. They are basically problems that need to be fixed:
* Should I have a [url removed, login to view] file? If so, need you to build it.
* In IE7, dropovers are obscured by graphics (see home page, then General Info). As a note, there are dropvers for "System Info", "Company Info", and "Why Choose LifeLink". For IE6, dropovers don't work at all! What's weird is that they work fine in Firefox and Google Chrome.
* On main page, how can I minimize the amount of distance between the text "How Does LifeLink Work, and the image/link below it?
* Show me how to create new styles – For example, I need a new blockquote with different color background and ability to center it horizontally across the FULL width, and not just the width up top. I also want to make a style that has bold-blue text with no line spacing after it.
* Once a new style is created, how to I make my new style active on the icon menu on MODX?
* I need the winning bidder to show me how to align things better when using tables (or actually how to select a table!) Tables are used extensively in the "Order Now" page.
* Show me where MODX userids and passwords are configured. I then want to make sure I understand how to restrict access to JUST the usernames I specify. Ensure there are no backdoors.
* The "Contact" menu item uses a form that does emailing. I can't get it to work. There is an error message that says "Main mail: Mailer was unable to send mailCould not instantiate mail function".
* In IE6, the entire Order Now page is shifted downward about 10 inches! You have to scroll down about 10" before you begin to see anything.
* In IE6 or IE7, printing of the Order page works for pages 2, 3, and 4, but page 1 comes up with NO text in it.
* Need your thoughts, from an SEO perspective, on how having my right side images/text appear HIGHER (or before) my main content when you view the actual source HTML. My current site has my main text first (the right side info bar is new). How will SEO treat this? Do I need to make my right side a JPG image, or is there a way to prioritize my main content?
So, that's about it. If you do a good job for me, you will be my go-to-guy. At some point, I will likely want to develop a shopping cart integration (I'm currently integrating to a Yahoo Store).
My current site (the one that is changing) is [url removed, login to view]
My redesigned site (my new one, and the one I need help with) is [url removed, login to view]~callfor1/