1. Your first task is to compile and run the software. It will not take long to see that interfacehas several flaws.
2. Your second task is to enumerate five ways in which the interface can be improved. Describe in one or two sentences each idea for improvement in a written report (see below).
3. Your third task is to implement at least two interface improvement. Provide a rationale for your choice of improvement (one paragraph, also to be included in the aforementioned report). This rationale is worth 10% of the assignment mark.
4. The implementation of the improvement should obey the principles of MVC. You may modify the source code as needed. If you add methods to any classes, document them with element comments (i.e., comments that begin with /** and finish with */) that identify the parameters and return. Include your initials in the comment, for example:
[MB: this method added to original class definition]
Indicate any other changes with in-line comments that contain your initials, following the above template. If you decide to implement any additional classes, document them so as to
identify yourself as the author. The goal is that all of your modifications will be identifiable using the grep command.
5. The implementation is worth 80% of the assignment mark. Criteria include elegance of design, correctness, and adherence to MVC and encapsulation.
6. Submit (electronically) all of the files so that application compiles and runs solely on the basis of the submitted files.
7. The report should be maximum 1 page long (the minimum allowable font size is 11pt, the minimum margins are 0.5 inch). Name this report [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] (as the case may be). PDF is preferred, although alternative formats such as .doc are acceptable if pdf is unavailable. This component is worth 10% of the