I have a small Java program that generates MIDI files. I would like it to be turned into an Android app that could do the following:
- be compatible with Android 1.5 and above
- allow users to set certain variables that are used by the MIDI file generation function (such as tempo, time signature, and a couple other options – you won’t have to worry about how the MIDI generator will use the variables, just create the menus and such to let users change them within certain limits) – these settings should be saved when the user exits the program
- allow users to save the generated MIDI file in a specific directory on their SD card
- allow users to browse through and play / listen to MIDI files found on their SD card
- allow users to email a selected MIDI file as an attachment (that is, launch the email program with the MIDI file automatically attached, as Android’s camera does with photos)
- allow users to delete MIDI files found on their SD card
I will provide a small Java file containing the MIDI file generation function. The attached PDF describes what I’m looking for in greater detail. Using Android’s simple default-style menus will be fine.
I would like to own the source code so that I can continue to further develop the program.