Android Application upgrades
We need a few features added to an Android application. The application is currently functioning as expected, however we would like to add some additional features.
The application displays a list of items. If the user selects an item, a new activity/screen displays information about the selected item.
The app gets all data from a web service and SQL database. The app updates 100% of the data every time the application is started. (This is causing a drain on the web server and the user’s phone resources).
Currently the list of items can be sorted alphabetically or by distance to the user.
We want to add the following features:
1) Each time the application is started, we only want it to pull data newer than the last time the app did an update. So, the app will only update database records that have changed or added. I would like to hear your solutions for this.
2) Add a rating system to the items. Once the user selects an item from the list and the item details screen is displayed, the user can rate the item from 1-5 stars.
3) In the list view, add a sort selection for “sort by ratings” (Descending)
4) In the list view, add a sort selection for “sort by state” (each item has a [state] field. Just need to sort)
Optional: (optional items can not extend the timeline)
1) Optional feature: The 5th time the application is opened; a popup message appears asking the user to rate the application. This updates the ratings in the Android Market. (I am not sure how this would work if we publish the application to the Amazon Market – We might need to omit this feature)
2) Once you have seen our application, we welcome your suggestions. We would like to leverage your experience. We will add funds if we implement your ideas.
We need the required features done as fast as possible. We will award this project based on Price, Time, and experience.
If you have any questions, please PM me.