Our company is seeking an exceptional individual or team that can apply the final fixes of a streaming based application. These fixes will be done by our own development team as well however we are looking for a secondary approach towards other modular solutions.
The project consists of two parts, the client and the server.
The client is developed in C++ alongside QT. The server side is a combination of Java and JSON, ultimately executed via a WAR file through Apache/Tomcat and MYSQL.
The client and server have already endured three QA sessions so we are very literal when we indicate the final fixes, this is not a bottom up project. You will be given access to all components and code needed in order to complete this project.
Please keep in mind that you will need to be able to do your own QA testing as well, and should be able to do so on Windows XP, Vista, 7 (16, 32, 64 bit, x86) and MAC OSX 10.6 and greater (16, 32, 64 bit, x86) on the resolutions spanning from 1200 X 1024 to 1920 X 1200
The fixes required are centered around the following:
- Resolution compatability issues (especially higher one's in conjunction with auto large text settings that users may have)
- 16, 32, 64 bit, x86 compatability confirmation (need a third opinion on this)
- Windows and MAC OSX crashes when clicking and utlizing the program randomly
- Streaming functionality issues (rare)
- Loading animation issues (When program loads there is short animation before the user gets to the main gui screen, right now there are issues on various resolutions and operating systems)
1) Driven, creative and innovative
2) Seeking to challenge themselves at all times
3) Seeking long term business relationships
4) Access and expert use of the latest tools and services key to this project
5) Easy to get in touch by email or phone. We provide transparency when it comes to contacting us and we expect the same
PREFERRED PROJECT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
•C / C++
•Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
•Protocol design / optimization experience
•Security considerations (encryption, denial of service) experience
•Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
•Knowledge of network and server security issues
•Experience with code optimization
•Object-oriented design and architecture skills
•Expert understanding of methods for designing easy-to-use interfaces, including user and task analysis, information architecture, interface design, heuristic evaluation, and usability testing
•Experience in designing and developing reliable and robust systems
•Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
•Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX)
•Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
•Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
•Familiar with higher-level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
•Experience with user interface development
•Prior development work on client / server application/program/game systems
We are reserving this job for a special individual or team. We would like to engage in a long term business relationship with however is selected for this task. And so beyond the fact that we expect to have a steady flow of projects unrelated and related to this one we would like to grow alongside whoever is choosen, being a part of our company's experience as well. Depending on the performance of this work we will consider other bonuses.
We are eager to learn about you and your background so please share as much as you would like in order to fulfill a transparent picture about yourself. As part of the selection process we will be conducting an interview with all prospective candidates. We will also use the time to go over the project in detail so you are well familiarized and clearly understand what is expected.
Thank you for your interest and time.