The aim of m2msms will to facilitate sms communication between mobiles. m2msms will be functionally same as the messaging application that comes with Nokia or Samsung phones. The aim is to replace the underlying messaging application with m2msms, only for text messaging purposes.
Technically the implementation would be different. In m2msms instead of using underlying channel to send the message - it will be posted to a URL(SMS Server) along with User Id and password, through J2ME and the URL will be responsible for delivering the message to the targeted user.
The app should have following:
1) New Message -- > write a message and use the contact from the phone book
2) Sent Messages --> Will store all sent messages
3) Messages -- > Will view all the messages that are on SIM and phone memory, also modify few things while showing messages delivered through m2msms application.
4) Account -- > for putting in user/passwd
5) Drafts --> Saving new drafts as well as reading it from the phone.
For implementation purposes, a detailed document will be provided.
The application is being considered preferably on J2ME platform for a POC. If you can provide a better solution on symbiam or MS platform, please provide the details.
The app has to be targeted to low end phones with basic J2ME configurations.
PEOPLE WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE NEED ONLY BID.
If possible please provide details of your experience.
Please post your bids and PM me for the approach you wish to take.