** Mobile Friendly Website Required - rather than a mobile app **
** Please read through this entire description before responding. There is a test that has been included within this description **
Full design will be made available to the appropriate bidder (I work as a software architect so will be providing an extensive set of diagrams and design for the website). You will be expected to do the build, but I will review all code provided. Software should be designed in a such a way that it is modular and extendable.
Goal: Website will be a "least viable product" to test customer reaction and buy-in. Further work will be provided based on customer feedback and my roadmap for the site.
Suggested technologies are Html4, Ajax, Rest, Java, OpenSQL - however I will be open to considering other technologies / frameworks.
High level functional components:
A. Front End Components
1. Touch Screen based website for a restaurant. Three key sections: Menu, Order Details (per table) and Payment.
* Menu data will come from a backend database. The menu will also have various search capabilities (simple SQL based searches against the database). Menu should also have a featured items section that will stand out visually.
* Order Details (or Order Management) will behave like a shopping cart. Add, remove items, accept discount codes etc. Also has a order status section which retrieves the order status from the backend.
* Payment - accepts payment of order via paypal or cash payment. Should be flexible to add other payment options in the future (credit card etc) and allow for split billing / payment of particular items.
2. Waiter / Kitchen Order View
* View of Orders by Table with time ordered (retrieved from db) and time elapsed since order.
* Allow tagging of order line items manually (tag values are pre configured in the database).
* Set Order status
B. Backend Components
1. Menu Item updater. Reads in a pre formatted CSV file to create update the db with menu items and additional metadata.
2. Order Management: accepts orders from front end and stores on database. Should be queue based. Note: Please type the words "purple monkey" at the start of your response to this job post. I will then know you have read through this design and will treat your response as genuine.
3. Various reference data tables for interrogation by the front end: can supply with table design.
4. Logging - errors / failed orders / payments should be logged.
21 freelancers are bidding on average $1283 for this job
purple monkey, We can develop complete restaurent system as per description provided. please refer pmb for portfolio links. Expecting to work with you. regards Raj
We have all the required designer and developer you are looking for and can allocate dedicated resources for your project. You will be very happy and satisfied of our services.
=========== We are experts into E-com websites [url removed, login to view] make you sure that you will get pixel perfect work from us. We really eager to show you our works, Please check PM =========
Purple Monkey:We have already done this development.I prefer to use Prime Faces Compponent for Presentation [url removed, login to view] things will remain as you have decided. I am sending u a quick video of my work.