Business Company Management System Application
Each year, Ministry of Education offers scholarship positions in approved universities abroad
for distinguished high school students in order to complete their academic study.
It is required to help the Ministry implement an application to keep track of all students and
After a quick meeting with the employee in charge, you got the following information:
• Each student has a unique national ID number, a name and other attributes (add at least 2
attributes from your choice).
• The whole data should be stored in one collection such that for each university, all
students applied to it could be retrieved easily and directly.
• There is a text file including the names of all approved universities (each name is in a
separate line) Implementation:
After analysing the given requirements, implement the required application:
• with Object Oriented Programming style
• following the rules of good programming style (e.g. adding comments, etc.)
using only the material covered (and its prerequisites)
Hints for the class that will do the main job:
• It has a method that reads the names of the universities from a text file and stores them in
the main collection and return another collection includes only the names of the
• It has a method enables any student to apply to one of the approved universities. (It is not
allowed to apply to more than one university)
• It has a method enables any student to cancel his/her application using only national ID
• It is not allowed to do any operation violates the state of any object (e.g. applying to more
than one university)
• It has a method which returns the whole data in a format similar to the following:
student 1 information
student 2 information
where names of universities should be sorted alphabetically and students applied to
the same university should be sorted according to their national ID numbers.
After implementing the required classes, design and implement a testing class to test them as
• Create a text file inside the folder contains your Java project, and fill it by names of the
• Read the approved universities from the text file and stores them in a suitable collection
• Create at least 5 students and let them apply for at least 2 universities
• Test all the implemented methods to ensure they are working fine. In addition, try to
state of the objects and show that your code prevents all violations and prints error
Create a JavaFX GUI application to use the implemented classes as follows:
• After launching the application immediately, the approved universities should be read
from the text file and added to a suitable UI control to select from.
• It allows applying and cancellation operations, and displaying the whole data.
• Create a Java project using your IDE and name it using your name and your student ID
• Implement all the required classes in the default package
• The answer booklet (Word file) should contain the following:
▪ The required tracing
▪ A copy (not a snapshot) of the code of each class
▪ A complete snapshot of output of the testing class
▪ A complete snapshot of the GUI application
▪ If part of the code does not work, try to explain your idea
• On LMS page, there are 2 links and you should submit 2 files (one file per link):
o The answer booklet
o A compressed file contains the folder of your Java project
Important notes on penalties:
• There is no late submission.
• Penalty for not including the Java project: 50% of the achieved mark.
• Penalty for not including the answer booklet: 10% of the achieved mark (after deducting
any mark related to the answer booklet file).