There exists an Apache commons virtual file system that allows opening a lot of different file formats but does not yet support ISO archives (those files typically used for distributing CD/DVDs).
To our luck, someone already wrote a plugin for that purpose in apache vfs that is called "loopy": [url removed, login to view] and you find the VFS project at this location: [url removed, login to view]
Your mission is to create a library/class that:
- Combines Apache VFS with Loopy
- Selects an ISO file to extract a file from inside
- Selects an ISO file to open a file inside as inputstream (already supported on VFS)
- Keeps everything simple.. :)
- Use Java 6
- Use Netbeans IDE as java editor
- At [url removed, login to view] use a free private SVN repository as place to host the source code (I will help to get this setup)
- Upload code at all steps of development and keep me informed on what is going on
- Use only 100% platform independent Java code
This should be a really quick task for a skilled developer. The code is already available, just need someone to combine and deliver this in a nice package.