Hi, we're The Nest. We're on a mission to level the playing field for underrepresented entrepreneurs.
To achieve the mission, we are producing lessons for entrepreneurs from people who have been there and done that, from people who have done it themselves. We deliver the content over our custom build mobile first apps. Some speakers Reddit COO, Founder of 23andMe, Co-creator of The Lean Startup etc.
- Ideal start date 15th August
- 20 to 30 hours a week
- You can be based remote. We're hiring from anywhere that can maintain 4 hours overlap with UK time zone (GMT) during normal working day.
About the job:
You will be working on the core product experience, you'll be a part of a small team (two programmers, 1 designer and a product person) and we work quickly but calmly. You'll join us and be responsible for the backend solution and help drive projects from concept to completion.
You'll guide system's architecture based on your understanding of web technologies and APIs. Make changes to the codebase to help scale our increasing viewer base. Also write unit, functional and performance tests.
Here are something we've worked on recently to give you a sense of what you'll be doing day-to-day:
- Bundling videos into courses, and playlists to pre-populate the home screen such that customers can engage with the content
- Create learning paths, which bundle multiple courses in a linear fashion to help customers go through a learning journey
- Adding the notion of hours spent learning, and badges for customers to show customers their progress
- Building out a subscription system to allow for free trials, upgrades, credit card payments, cancellations, and everything else needed to launch a new product
- 5 years of experience in Core Java and JEE
- Experience with PostgreSQL and AWS
- Automated unit/integration/functional testing experience
- Ability to write well. The bulk of our work is written, from the code to the pull request discussions and proposals we make.
- Experience working remotely
- Experience leading other backend developers is a plus
How to apply:
Please submit an application that speaks directly to this position. Tell us about yourself, about what you can bring to The Nest. Tell us about something you've done that is relevant to the work we do, something that excites you. Be descriptive, but don't feel the need to write a book, 500 words or so should be plenty.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so do apply as soon as possible. Once we have shortlisted you, expect 2-3 interviews of 1 hour each, on your schedule. You'll interview with your future colleagues, and we would like to learn about your background, your approach to work and dive into your technical knowledge.
If it all makes sense, we will both engage in a paid trial with clear goals, for 4 weeks. If things work out well, we will then work regularly upwards of 20 hours a week.
Appreciate you giving us the consideration, and we look forward to hearing from you!
21 freelancers are bidding on average $44/hour for this job
Hi, I will develop the spring roo and apache Kafka based streaming application development .I will work on project monthly $800 usd per month if project by start up