A customer asks your consultancy company to develop a socket based RSS news feed for their customers.
Your development should fulfil the following requirements:
- A news server that performs the following functions:
---- Design a kind of mechanism and "database" structure for news broadcasting.
* Accepts a variable number of concurrent users
* Allows the administrator to enter (a) news headlines and (b) news articles.
* Serve requests from customers for full news articles based on selected headlines.
- A news client that performs the following functions:
* Subscribe with the multiple news servers.
* Allows the user to read a list of headlines available at the news servers.
* Allows the user to select interesting headlines that will trigger the download of the full news article from the news server.
The following complete software and documentation should be included:
- Design (algorithm + flow chart)
(Filename: "design.doc" type: MS Word)
- Documented code
Include comments, suitable variable names, good modular structure.
- Your java files will be compiled and the functionality will be assessed
DO NOT SUBMIT CLASS FILES
- Defensive techniques. This part will assess how friendly and stable your program is (e.g. does it crash when a user enters inappropriate data?)
- User manual. A manual should be submitted for both the client and the server part of your chat program.
(Filenames: "manServer.doc" & "manClient.doc" type: MS word) (Marks 5)
your RSS reader should achieve these features also you will get bonus.
Multi-feed display in one panel (page)