Your task for this project is to design a program to help a video rental store operator record clients' transactions. The Menu would look like this:
Select one of the following
1: To check if a particular video is in store
2: To check out a video
3: To check in a video
4: To print the titles of all videos
5: To print a list of all videos
6: To exit
Your project has to provide the underlying software to support the functions given in the menu above. The project (process) is outlined below:
1. Design a primitive database indicating
• what you want to store (videos, customers, etc),
• what processes you want to allow on it (update, add, and delete, etc) and
• what transactions you want it to perform (rent and return).
2. Design classes (class video, class customer, etc) based on your analysis above, using LINKED LISTS for the database elements read into the main memory.
3. Implement your design, together with a main program, that performs all the functions shown in the menu above.
4. Generate inputs and test the program you have written.
5. Now add a QUEUE to process customers. Pretend that there are several customers waiting to be processed, by randomly generating a number n, picking some n customers from the database to put into this queue and then processing the queue members with a randomly generated task that they "request" (instead of just looping through the main menu till flagged for a finish, as was done above).
6. Now design a BINARY SEARCH TREE data structure to bring the video database into the main memory and document any improvement in performance over the flat linked list used earlier.
7. Finally, make the BST be a balanced tree (AVL) tree, and document performance improvements.
1. Submit the java file(s) to blackboard. Don’t forget to mark the main program.
2. Document the performance comparison for different data structures (LINKED LISTS, BINARY SEARCH TREE, and AVL TREE) in an Excel file and draw the comparison figure. Submit the Excel file to blackboard.
12 freelancers are bidding on average ₹385/hour for this job
simple project not much of expertise required simple api calls I have more than 10 years of expereince with Java and related technologies. I will be easily able to BUILD THE PROJECT INDEPENDENTLY ON MY OWN.
Hello, I would be the perfect candidate for this role as I have done many similar projects with Java. My most recent project was programming an advanced calculator using MVC (Model View Controller)