We need a Java applet (browser) based graphical MMORPG (multiplayer online game) created. We need the actual client (applet) and the server created. (preferably use mySQL for database)
The graphics aren't a big deal at this point, and can be done later. We're mainly looking for the foundation to be laid, and a web-based "map editor" made where other developers can drag-and-drop tiles to create the terrain/map. The other components of the game will be made later, preferably by the same programmer.
The game itself at this point needs to allow players to:
- "walk" around (move on a 2D map)
Also, the game admin-panel needs to allow developers to:
- add "objects" (i.e. a tree) onto the map/terrain.
- create new "objects" by uploading an image (like a PNG file).
Some things to keep in mind:
- Efficiency: The game will be targeted towards people with slightly older computers, so every measure to make the client as efficient as possible needs to be taken into account.
- The programmer needs to be familiar with Runescape, SecondLife, [url removed, login to view], WoW, etc.
- The programmer needs to be familiar with gaming techniques like double-buffering, caching, client-server networking, etc.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $1129 for this job
hey. I am more than interested in a project like this one. I'm looking forward for your contacting me for collaboration on this. I'm open to all kinds of arrangements.