PREFERS EU BASED FREELANCERS
***Must relocate to Dublin, Ireland. Min 12 months - Paid Accommodation Included***
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a senior Java engineer who can immediately contribute to the development of our next-generation platform. If you are passionate about delivering robust, well-engineered applications with exceptional user experiences then this is the role for you.
- As a member of a technically diverse Product Development team your role will be to design, develop and test software in accordance with our standards, to a high level of quality.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to less experienced members of the team
- Propose, and participate in, R&D and proof of concept projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in Code and Quality Control reviews
- Participate in product rollout and support functions, liaising with clients as necessary
- Engage with Product Management on new development requirements.
- International travel may be a requirement, from time to time.
- Mentoring and guiding other Developers.
Required skills & knowledge:
- 6+ years commercial experience in Java enterprise and web application development
- Experience with some / all of the following:
o Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Spring Batch,…
o Web service development (REST using Spring Data REST)
o SQL & relational databases
o Core Java, including familiarity with Java APIs such as JDBC, Threading, Sockets
- Familiarity with industry standard Development tools including Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Junit
- Good knowledge and understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Good knowledge of Database design/normalisation
- Experience with modern software processes including Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Java application server experience – e.g. Glassfish, Tomcat, JBoss
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline
Desirable additional skills & knowledge:
- Experience developing native Android Apps, using Java or Kotlin, Android Studio, Jetpack
- Experience of integrating with legacy platforms