We are looking for a highly self-motivated and experienced devops engineer to join our development team to work on our Oracle Cloud Service. We have IaaS, PaaS and SaaS oracle products and need someone who is highly experienced in managing IaaS and PaaS infrastructure and Security.
Job Duties -
Design and develop cloud based OS management tools.
· Enable and enhance Oracle Linux cloud integrations.
· Integrate with existing cloud systems to create a fully featured OS management service.
· Develop automated tests for all features.
· Code maintenance and patching.
· Participate in frequent design and code reviews.
· Proactively suggest and implement service improvements.
· Participate in the active and direct support of the service.
· Configure and administer VM’s, OCI, WAF, App Gateway etc.
· 5+ years of software development/system programming experience
· Strong experience with the following:
o Oracle Infrastructure Cloud
o Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies
o Linux and Virtualization (systemd, package management, kvm, etc)
o CI/CD best practices (Jenkins, Teamcity, Git)
o Configuration management and systems orchestration (any of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform) Monitoring and logging (Grafana, ELK, fluentd, etc)
o Operational excellence (customer centric mindset, high availability, troubleshooting, canary deploys, etc)
o Experience with micro-services based software architecture
o Experience with cloud environments a plus (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
o Solid scripting background (Python, Bash, or similar)
o Familiar with Java coding and Java build processes
o Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
o Comfortable with Agile Software Development practices (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, Slack, etc.)