We are currently seeking highly qualified Digital Video Processing and Compression (Encoding) Algorithm/Software Engineers for permanent full-time employment for the development of a new video codec.
The successful candidates will be primarily responsible for developing new video processing and codec algorithms for custom encoder/transcoders. This may involve applying specialized technical knowledge to develop initial implementations used, identify technical hurdles, prove feasibility, and characterize new technologies.
Technical Skills (Essential):
• 5+ years professional software engineering experience
• Strong C/C++ and JAVA programming experience
• Audio/video transcoding expertise
• Multithreaded network applications
• Knowledge / experience of open source libraries – FFMEG, Gstreamer, Apache Traffic Server,HLS,HDS,DASH
• Android and iOS experience
• Extensive knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6)
• Experience writing player software for one or more video codecs (e.g. h.264)
• Knowledge of real-time GPU rendering pipeline (e.g. OpenGL)
• Prior experience developing for mobile platforms
• Experience in software-based video encoding (e.g., libavcodec, custom video library development).
• Experience with video/audio codec internals such as H264 and HEVC, and video quality metrics.
• Experience on real time/live video encoding, decoding, streaming software development and video formats (e.g., fragmented mp4, MPEG transport stream).
• Experience with advanced pre- and post-processing algorithms for image and/or video applications
• Understanding of advanced display technologies and related processing
• Knowledge of applied mathematics and numerical techniques
• SIMD, intrinsics, and code optimization
Technical Skills (Desired):
• Codecs eg H264, AAC,mp3,mpeg4,mpeg2
• Video container knowledge eg 3GP,MP4,flv,avi,
• Optimization techniques / strategies eg Caching, JIT delivery
• Knowledge of mobile technologies (e.g. GSM, CDMA) and the challenges faced in the mobile internet
• Knowledge of Java Spring and OSGi technologies
• Demonstrable experience using Eclipse
• UNICODE UTF-8
C++: 5 years
Video compression: 4 years
Video Codec: 4 years
We understand this project may go over the starting budget of $10,000 as well as potential shares/ownership of the project.
Only developers within the United States need apply.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $13578 for this job
Dear client, how are you? I am a C++ programmer and mathematician. Please check my "Profile & Work List" and tell me details if my skill is in your concern. Looking forward to your response. Thanks.