We need a Firefox extension compatible with all recent Firefox versions.
This extension works as the classic Firefox RSS button:
- Is grey (With some kind of RSS picture on it. The image must by customisable.) when there is no RSS/Atom Feed detected on the page just loaded in Firefox.
- Is orange when there is an RSS Feed detected on the page and the feed is not present in our internal database. (It means there need to be one additional ajax request (preferably JSON encoded) containing all the absolute urls of the RSS/Atom feeds detected on the page. This requests will be sent to our private database webserver where we collect RSS/Atom Feeds.) The button will be orange if there is at least one feed which is not present in our private database of feeds and even if all but one feed are all present in our database.
- Is green if all feeds are present in our internal database. It means all AJAX requests received an OK answer from our private server.
When the user clicks on the button:
- If there are no feeds detected on the webpage a simple information dialog appears and says "No RSS Feeds Found". (All texts must be easily modifiable to allow easy and fast translation of the whole application.)
- If there is at least one feed which is not present in our internal database the user will be given the option to add the feeds in the database "Would you like to add the feeds into the database YES/NO". An additional ajax request asking our database server to add feeds will be send. The button will change color and become green if success is
- If all feeds are already present in the database a simple information dialog will be shown to the user: "All Feeds already in the database"
The application will work in the simple following manner:
At page load activate the RSS/Atom Feed detection. Send an AJAX request to our webserver to check if the absolute URLs are already in the database. If yes change the color of the button to green, if no change the color of the button to orange. Once clicked if all the feeds are not present in the database the user is given the option to add the feeds in our database, if he clicks yes, the application sends a request asking the server to add the feeds in the database, if the server responds with an OK answer telling the extension all the feeds were successfully added to the database the button changes color and becomes green.