This is a proof of concept of a Firefox addon that can communicate with a Restful service and process the xml response.
- The addon should send a POST request to a Restful service and process the xml response. For the purpose of this project, which is a proof of concept, choose any public Restful Service that requires multiple parameters in the POST request, and can send back a xml response.
- The addon should be accessible as an icon (any icon of your choice) in the browser statusbar. On clicking the addon icon, it should:
1) Read a value from the current webpage (use any webpage of your choice) using the id of the element (again, any element of your choice).
2) Send a POST request to a Restful service and pass the value above as a parameter. (any restful service of your choice)
2) Display a popup or dialog with the xml retrieved from the Restful service. In addition to the raw xml, it should also show all fields in an element (say 1st element) in the xml response. The popup should show some indicator while waiting for the response.
- Should run on Firefox 3.6+
- Use jetpack SDK if possible
- The code should be well modularised and well commented
- Once this is done, it'd be great if you can help me setup my Win 7 with the SDK and any other tools required for me to work on the code you wrote.