On a regular computer this works fine, but on the Ipad it still has some issues that need to be resolved in this project.
The Editor has a panel (also html canvas) that can be used to insert symbols. For the ipad, the following needs to be done:
1. a backspace button is needed, so that a symbol can be deleted
2. there's an issue on the panel with 'touchend'; every symbool is now inserted twice
3. a touch on the panel makes the whole panel highlight shortly. This is unwanted, so must be undone
4. the panel has a "handle" with which it can be dragged across the screen. This does ont work on the ipad.
5. it would be nice if the symbols in the panel looked like ipad keys
An older version of the Formula Editor can be found here:
[url removed, login to view]