The idea behind the SafeStop application is to allow users to be able to see where road blocks are. SafeStop members will login to the application and they will be updated on the location of all the RoadBlocks posted by other members of the service. The application is very simple and must be designed in the most simple and user friendly way possible.
• The device must automatically detect the user’s location and the main page of the application which is a large Google map must open up. Displayed on the Google map must be an icon showing the users current location as well as icons representing the location of all the roadblocks on the applications database.
• Members will be able to “Add” a road block using the application by clicking on the Add button at the bottom of the application. The application will be member driven in other words member will update the content of the road blocks not administrators.
• It will also be self-moderated. If a user adds a road block and other users go to that location and do not see a road block they will be able to click on the road block and Report as false. The user who posted the road block must be notified via e-mail that the road block they posted was false. The administrator must also be notified about user and if they do not have a valid excuse the administrator must have the ability to “Ban” the user.
• The main screen which shows all the roadblocks must have two views (Map view which shows the road blocks on the map and Table view which shows an interactive table of all the roadblocks in order of proximity to the user)
• If a specific road block is selected by the user either in map view or in the table information pertaining to that roadblock must appear.
o At minimum it must show
 Distance from user
 Time added
• Users must have the option to enable push notifications which automatically push roadblocks to them as they travel. If they come within 10km of a road block they must be notified via a push message.
The application will cost $2.99 on the iStore and it will charge users (through the iStore) $2.99 every month. Users must be notified every 27 days that there subscription is up for renewal and they must go to the iStore to renew the subscription