I am using a Joomla booking component which requires customising for my specific needs. The initial development will be to change the flow so that if a certain field is selected during the booking process, a new record is created based on the data on the first booking but with some information reversed and some values changed.
This will just be the first development with many more to come. Please get in touch with your experience, references and standard hourly rate for this type of work.
Deadline: 4 days
Detailed Project Requirements:
Modify taxi booking component to create a new booking if the return option is selected by the user.
• When a user makes a booking (either through main component or module) and selects the return journey option, the component must create 2 individual bookings with consecutive booking numbers instead of the current way where just one booking is created.
• These bookings should be manageable individually (i.e – allocating to drivers, user emails etc.)
• User receives two confirmation emails, one for each booking.
• The system should still record on the outbound journey that there is a return booking related to the outbound journey, however there is no need to record the date and time of the return on the outbound booking unless you feel there is a need for this for the system to work correctly.
• There is a percentage discount setting for return bookings, this price must be applied to the return booking only for the fees and charges are added. So if the outbound journey price is £100 and the discount is set in the backend at 10% then the return booking will show a journey price of £90 before fees are added.
• The return booking is to be created from the details on the outbound journey, so pickup and destination must be reversed and the selected time and date for the return booking must be applied.
• The component allows for up to 8 stops in between the pickup and destination (using google maps API), these stops must be taken into consideration for the return booking so also reversed in the booking details to show the correct order of the stops.
• Users can select journeys from the address search and special routes tabs (special routes are set prices and do not rely on mileage rates). The modifications must apply to both options.
• The user can choose to receive an SMS with booking details, are there will now be 2 separate jobs, the user must receive an SMS for each job. This functionality is integrated with Clickatell.
• Both the website template and the taxi booking component are responsive and all modification must remain responsive
• There is an API for integrating into other systems which must also be updated to reflect any changes made within the system
• Remove the automatic update feature within the component so changes are not overwritten
• The work must be tested on all popular browsers including IE, Chrome and Firefox
• The work must be tested on PC and MAC and mobile device running iOS, Android and Windows
• If the work and code is of good quality, bug free and completed on time, within budget and to specification then there will be many more modifications needed.
Deadline: 3 days