Syrup Labs are seeking a senior lead Python/JS developer to join our team on a monthly basis that are developing a NLTK sentiment analysis service based on HTML5 and Python.
We’re building a platform that will power a website and iPhone and Android apps. We have some unique ideas, and we’re using the latest open-source technologies: Python, Highcharts, NLTK and MongoDB.
We’ve got a slick technology stack that makes development fast and immensely enjoyable. We’re a small team with a hunger to get our product in front of users and investors ASAP. We have a mostly-complete alpha-stage product that needs to be brought to market and vastly extended and matured with the help of a senior developer.
You’ll have maximum independence, the chance to apply your creative ideas to the product, you can work where you want and when you want, and you’ll have total technical ownership. We pay competitively and value our developers.
* ability to work from partial specs and to create specs when necessary
* creative brainstorming and collaboration with the team
* Outstanding communication skills in English
* 5+ years of extensive professional experience in Python and Python web frameworks
* Experience configuring Linux hosted web servers on Rackspace, AWS, or similar
* Ability to work quickly and with minimal errors and supervision
* willingness and ability to accurately communicate your and the project's status on a daily and weekly basis
* Experience doing self-QA and in leading technical QA. The code you submit should
work-- because you'd already thoroughly tested it yourself.
* Be a quick study!
* Experience with MongoDB, Highcharts, NLTK
* Mobile (iOS and/or Android) experience
* Project management experience, particularly in Agile/Scrum methodologies
* 3rd party platform integration experience, including Foursquare, Twitter, Facebook
* E-commerce and payment system integration experience
*Please bid your monthly rate in USD*
5 freelancers are bidding on average $2660 for this job
Hello, I am experienced developer in Python, Django. I used NLTK for natural language processing in simple AI applications. Look forward to work with you, Sergei