Project is to create a database driven website that can be accessed by the public. Project will be in 2 phases. Phase 1 will involve building the foundations & some components of the functionality. Phase 2 will build on the foundation by adding additional functionality and enhancements to existing.
This project is to bid on phase 1 functionality only. Phase 2 functionality is called out in the text below to give an idea of what will be needed in the future.
- Eventually hundreds of thousands of concurrent users will be on the site, so must be scalable.
- data to be hosted in the cloud
- App logic should be written in Python
- flexible with database architecture but would prefer postgres or mysql or DB2.
- Regarding architecture, we would like the selected team to be able to advise and offer suggestions in this area.
1) User Account/Login
- Should allow: a) normal login and password b) Login from facebook (phase 1), Google, Yahoo, twitter, Windows Live, LinkedIn and flickr (phase 2)
- Password reset and locking for incorrect passwords should be available.
2)“Object of Interest” Creation & maintenance
Ability to create and maintain an object of interest (more info about what the object of interest is when project awarded).
3) Google Maps functionality
- Must be able to integrate with google maps to obtain an address & map view.
- Must be able to take google maps address and break it into components of an address for db storage & store the map against an object of interest.
4) Hierarchy functionality
- Should be able to assign an "object of interest" (OOE) to a hierarchy
- OOE assigned to the bottom node of the hierarchy.
- Maximum 5 levels deep and each node can only be assigned to a single parent.
- Hierarchy branches may be [url removed, login to view] is because some nodes of the hierarchy may skip a reporting level. [url removed, login to view] node at level 4 may report to level 3 or level 2. In other words, level 3 may be skipped.
- We would consider excluding this if too complicated. Please indicate in any quoted price.
5) Object of Interest” user list
- Ability for a user to add multiple “object(s) of interest” to their “Object of Interest” list.
Phase 2: User should be able to see changes to “object of interest” as they happen on facebook feed and “object of interest” feed on the website.
6) Comment Functionality
- Ability to comment on an object of interest
- Comment functionality should be similar to tripadvisor.co.uk.
Future functionality: Comment on a node in the hierachy and ability to respond to a comment.
7) Items of Interest Repository
- User should be able to add items of interest to the “object of interest”. These might be: a) microsoft office or mac docs, pdfs b) photo albums (with 100's of photos), c) scanned items e) emails
- User should be able to decide whether to keep an item private or make it public. Phase 2: Should be able to share with everyone, only themselves or facebook friends.
Events, Email functionality (to ask a question of all users associated with an object), survey functionality
For this project we require the following:
- a team of people (rather than a single individual) to build the site. Teams should be minimum of 2 people.
- the ability to speak to you not just skype message conversations.
- only items that are not marked phase 2. However, please ensure suggested architecture could cope with items we have marked as phase 2 or future functionality.
- support after project go live (please specify)
To Bid: Please send details of your team, their skills, example deliverables & social media websites you have created. The above is a summary of deliverables, to ensure you can quote accurately, if we like what we see re past work etc, we would ask you to complete a NDA so that we can release mock-ups & use cases from which you can do an accurate quote. See attachment for info about us
23 freelancers are bidding on average $5271 for this job
We did many big social networks, i would be interested to discuss more this project with you if you intent to invest a serious amount for a top quality product.
********************************* EXCEPTIONAL TEAM OF HIGHLY EXPERIENCED DESIGNERS AND PROGRAMMERS VERY INTERESTED IN DOING YOUR PROJECT. PLEASE CHECK PMB AND OUR PORTFOLIO FOR DETAILS *********************************