I am currently looking for someone to write a script for the software "Personal Stock Monitor" by DTLink
[url removed, login to view]
I mainly uses "Personal Stock Monitor" to keep track of my stock trades and capital gains. But I would like to see more reports on performance and statistics of my trades.
This pieces of software support custom scripting for generating report, this is where your part comes in.
This pieces of software support VBScript to create custom extensions. Although not mentioned in the Personal Stock Monitor website, you can check out the developer section of the software "Personal Stock Streamer" by the same company for more detail about scripting extensions.
[url removed, login to view]
I need someone to create script to generate reports:
1. Capital Gain Report
DTLink has created a vbscript for a simple capital gain report, but I need more features, bidder can decide to create a new script or modify the existing to get the job done
- All existing features
- Add column to show: Unit cost/unit price/% gain on bought/sold on each transaction
- Ability to select which column to sort the report by
- Ability to select which account the report includes (must support multiple accounts)
- A simple window for user to select all of the above attributes
- Would like the whole project be done in two weeks
- Fail to commit to the following rules will result in a detailed negative feedback.
- The actual programmer must be able to communicate in English (read/write, mainly on MSN)
- Able to provide daily communication and progress report:
I NEED TO RECEIVE A PROGRESS REPORT EVERYDAY
I consider myself a fair employer/partner, but this is one rule that I need the winning bidder to follow. A progress report at least has to include the outline of what has been done on the project. I'll take "going over the existing codes/such and such API call" an adequate report, but if going over the codes is the only thing you do for three days will result in negative feedback (unless it's justified or discussed with me prior).
- Understand simple financial/stock trading terms like capital gains and stuff.
- The price is based on your bidding price, if you don't think $250 top is a fair price, feel free to let me know and ask question prior. Once the bid is closed and you ask for extra without a good justification (without adding features), I will terminate the project plus a negative feedback.
- If you have any question, please ask prior.
- You can discuss your plan with me, I do a lot of VBA coding for excel, so I will understand the programing aspect.
- I tend to select bidder by their proposal, so spend little time in going over codes on "Personal Stock Monitor" (shouldn't be hard if you are a good vbscript guy) and discuss your plan with me will give me confident in your ability.
- Proposal must gives information specific for this project. Bidder sending me list of unrelated portfolio will not gain this project.
- I will attach two file on the existing capital gain extension for your reference.
- I need to create another report if this one goes well.
- I don't mean to offend anyone on these rules, but business is business.
- Looking forward to get this project started