Experienced and creative individual to produce a Proof of Concept for an open-source Widget.
• Experience working with Widgets.
• Dynamic approach to front-end design and development.
• CSS experience and working with cross browser compatibility.
• Strong understanding of standards compliant with XHTML/HTML5.
• A good eye for design and continuous focus on delivering an excellent user experience.
• A good awareness of the social media landscape.
• Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Open ID integration
• e-commerce ready.
Main functionality of the widget will include:
• Query MySQL database from main site
• Smart Integration with site on which the widget is embedded e.g. geolocation recognition, content recognition, language recognition
• integration with same widget embedded on other sites ie all widgets are networked and dynamically updated with feeds.
Your ability as a developer to act as an architect and bring together the right technologies based upon the required functionality is critical.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of references, examples of current and previous. Further details will be provided to selected candidate.
Widget will be tested on existing websites and blogs for full functionality.