I am acting as an agent in this job search so my income from this is as a fee earning agent only. This is a well paid website development role. The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the world, but must be able to work on "adult content" websites. Ir is therefore reasonable to say that that if you are based in any country that applies any form of censorship to any adult material, then you should not apply unless you are willing to relocate at your own expense.
I am looking for comprehensive CVs. So no chatty one-liner "let's do it" bids, no PMs with vast lists of websites you claim to have developed. All I want to know is your monthly salary expectations as your bid figure and the words "See PM". I am not impressed by people who ignore these instructions. Your PM must contain one attachment - a zip file with your CV, as a Microsoft Word file in .doc format (NOT .docx) plus any relevant additional information as detailed below. If you can't get this right then you won't even be considered for the job.
OK here's the job:
You'd be responsible for:
- Working with the product team to constantly improve (currently) five sites;
- In-browser testing in all of our supported browsers
- Giving the management team feedback on designs and generally participating in the "product development process"
Client is particularly interested in anyone who:
- Has open source code in the wild.
- Is a great writer.
- Has some design sense.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who…
- Writes the hell out of some tests.
- Has a weird sense of humour, or at least tolerates our broad-minded sense of humour.
- Considers themselves a professional geek
- Is passionate and a perfectionist, yet knows when it is time to just ship it and then iterate over it.
- Loves people and has a passion for bringing people together through building online and offline communities.
- Wants to work closely with a really great team of developers and designers
How we roll - Keeping it real…
- Great office with an ocean view
- MacBook Air/Pro and a 27" Cinema Display
- GeekDesk and designer chair
- Flexible hours
- No micro-management
We want to hire the best person no matter where they are located. If you are in the western half of North America then amazing but if not, don't hesitate to apply. Half the team doesn't even work from the office.
Salary range: Very competitive.
How to apply
Send CV, relevant work samples, and anything else that will make you stand out in a single zip file by PM
Application deadline: December 1st, 2011.
IMPORTANT EXTRA INFORMATION ADDED 3 NOVEMBER
Four bidders so far - all rejected. Three were companies - this is for an individual. Only one CV and Ruby on Rails did not feature in it.
I repeat I need:
- Your personal CV
- Ruby on Rails experience