The basic functionality of the add-on will be:
1. Ask the user for credentials (username + password)
-> check the credentials by making a POST request
-> save credentials
2. Provide a button for the user to start/stop the plugin in the current tab
3. When running, periodically make a POST request to an URL:
the response will be an xml file containing urls, that should be opened in the
active tab and the time to wait until the next request
4. When running, show a status bar:
some basic informations extracted from the last xml response
The plugin should be aware of the tab in which it is running! I.e. the status bar
should be visible only in the one frame, in which it is running. The other frames should not show
the status bar. Step 3 should open the urls only in the tab, in which it was started.
This is exactly the same behaviour like the Firebug extension.
The addon should display some an info to the user, if there is no connection to the internet
or the xml-url can not be loaded for some reason (e.g. server is down)
5. Provide Firebug-like drop-down menu for the plugin-button with the following functions:
- change status-bar position (top or bottom)
- change user login data
- start / stop running
6. Provide addon-user interface in 3 different languages.
Here i will help you with the actual translation. But will have to implement internationalized
interface in the addon.
7. Recheck user credentials every time when the plugin is started and provide proper feedback to the user,
if the crentials are wrong. (e.g. password changed)
More info available upon request.