The project objective is to add some functionality and make minor amends to an existing, uncomplicated Ruby on Rails web application hosted on Heroku. The current application is essentially an editable form with a small database behind it. A user creates a new record by typing data into the form and then can output the data into text files containing different HTML and XML formats.
The required tasks are:
1) Fix a content alignment issue. Change a few text headers. Remove a few lines of text.
2) Add simple form field validation and associated error messages if user does not correctly fill in a field or fails to fill in a mandatory field. Field validation rules and error messages will be provided.
3) Create an editable form that securely captures a user's YouTube channel login, Facebook page ID and admin ID. Layout, field names and CSS will be provided.
4) Add the functionality to output an HTML code snippet as a text file. The code template, code variables and an output example will be provided.
5) Add the functionality to publish XML data to a user's YouTube channel via the YouTube API using OAuth 2.0 for user authentication. A spreadsheet matching corresponding database fields, along with an output example will be provided.
6) Add the functionality to issue an HTTP request to Google using wget, curl, or another mechanism of your choosing and confirm an HTTP 200 response code.
7) Add buttons and associated HTML variables to allow a flat US dollar fee per new database record or a flat annual subscription payment using PayPal Payments Standard.
8) Add cookie functionality after login to check whether user has paid annual subscription. If they have paid, the PayPal buttons should not appear until the subscription runs out.
9) Check a specific URL for the presence of a string with the following format in the source code: <div style="display:none" data-stv="STV_123456789">
We will provide all the necessary logins, existing files and the supporting information when a bid has been selected. We would like the project to be completed within 7-10 days.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $1465 for this job
I have over 7 years of ruby experience with some very reputable companies like ThoughWorks. Freelancing is new space for me and would give it my 200% to make it a success.