Do not bid without reviewing requirements.
We are looking for a developer who is an expert in classic ASP and SQL to help us make changes to our eshop. This project is the first small task that we want to accomplish but there are more.
We have a classic asp page that has a section of code that calculates an estimated ship date using variables from other pages and SQL db. The current code is illogical and confusing and we want to replace it with new, simpler code with new logic. We do not want to change other functionality on the page.
This is a webpage where a customer approves custom artwork. When they approve it, we display an estimate of the date the final product will be shipped (ShipNLT date) and enter the date into the db. The date is dependent on these factors:
1) Productcode of the current OrderDetailID
2) Value of the "Timing of Art" option that is included in an option string. Value can be Normal or Rush.
3) Prep days value (this is preparation time expressed in # business days) that comes from variables on an include page ([login to view URL])
4) Use above to look up business days on a calendar to determine ShipNLT date.
5) Current date/time
Example: A Framed Print (productcode CP-101) is approved today, customer chose "Timing of Art" option = Rush, and the Prepartion Days for this productcode and option is 3 business days and so we loop thru the ArtworkCalendar to determine when we hit 3 business days and get the date.
- We also want to add code that looks at the Productcode of each OrderDetailID on the order to set flags that will be carried to the next page using extendURL.
- There are some other complexities but this is basically it along with cleaning up and removing unnecessary code.
- The core of this calculation is something that can be used on elsewhere on the website so we want it coded as a central function that can be called in to other pages.
- The existing code the selects/updates db info or extracts pertinent option data from the option string is all working code that can and should be reused.
Attached you will find the following:
1) [login to view URL] page - this is the page with the code. Will give unredacted page to winner.
2) [login to view URL] page - this is the page that holds the Prep days variables in #3 above and is called in to the page above. Will be provided to winner.
3) CrossReference showing which Productcodes use which [login to view URL] variable. Will be provided to winner.
4) Calendar Table screenshot - that shows the schema of the table that contains the calendar showing business days. Will be provided to winner.
More detail will be provided to the winner.
If successful, we have many other similar tasks and would like to establish a long term relationship with a qualified developer.
Detail SOW and access to dev site will be provided.
Hello, I am ready to discuss project with you. As discussed on that chat to continue on the project. This is my Bid. Looking forward to have further project discussion on chat. Thanks. Vimal Arora