Avenue I Media is a fast-paced digital media marketing company located one block from the sand in Redondo Beach. We are currently seeking a talented, experienced full stack developer that specializes in Python and Django web applications to lead our development team as the VP of Engineering. This is an on-site role, and due to the commute we prefer candidates living near or in the South Bay.
We want to talk to you if:
- You are a talented Python developer and have experience working with Django. You understand and write code using list and dict comprehension, generators, and closures
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases (Postgres or MySQL)
- You have experience writing and working with APIs
- You have experience with distributed task queues like Celery, know how to analyze and manipulate data with the pandas library, and you have experience with Linux (mostly Ubuntu) and AWS (RDS, elasticache, security groups)
- You know how to use git to manage code and you can setup a production environment with Django/Nginx/Gunicorn/Supervisor
- You can quickly understand and work with an existing code-base and can solve complex problems that can’t always be found in documentation
- You have strong communication skills and enjoy working on a team. You are comfortable answering questions and explaining technical problems to the team on slack.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years of software engineering experience, at least 2 years experience with Python and Django
- You’ve had the primary responsibility of building and deploying a large Django application or part of a large project.
- You have team leadership or application architecture experience
Please provide your resume and, if possible, samples of your previous work with your application.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $7426 for this job
check my django portfolio here: [login to view URL] Relevant Skills and Experience check my django portfolio here: [login to view URL] Proposed Milestones $8333 USD - payment