FIREFOX EXTENSION - PHASE 1
I'd like someone to develop a simple firefox extension to demonstrate various functionality. You must have previous experience developing non-trivial firefox extensions, please do not apply if this is not the case. The extension must do the following:
1) Log navigation events:
- Log the time and URL when each of the following navigation events occurs
- when I'm about to navigate to a page (eg I click on a link)
- when a page or frame has finished loading (DOM content loaded)
2) Confirmation when visiting certain URLs:
- when navigating to a url (eg clicking on a link), if the url contains the text "WARNING" then pop up a Yes/No or OK/Cancel message box asking the user if they wish to continue. If they click Yes then navigation continues as normal. If they click No then they stay on the current page.
3) Log the HTML within a particular element
- when a page has loaded, if there is an element on the page with id equal to "LOG_THIS" then log the contents (innerHtml) of that element.
- when a page has loaded, if there is an INPUT type=text element with a name equal to "GET_THIS" then log the value of that element, ie what is shown in that text box.
The main objective of this project is to create a starting point for further development. This phase is relatively trivial but the intention is to progress to further functionality.
The extension must run in Firefox 3. It doesn't need to have a user interface at this stage.
Logging can be to a file or to a debug window or similar - whatever is easier.
- you must be able to complete the project within a week.