Currently, a table with book references is created by the server, but there are too many rows now, so there should be queried and filtered in real time.
The improvements to do are:
* manage dynamic queries: when the user fills at least three characters in the filter, an ajax request should be done against the api (with possible static parameters to restrict the seach); the api returns a json result in one or multiple pages (25 by page currently); all results should be displayed in the table until a specified limit (500 currently, but it will be lower);
* display the number of results (available in the header of the response) and warn to precise the query if other results are available;
* manage tags: when a tag is clicked, replace the filter by it and perform the search;
* the result should be flawless (the user should not see a blank, or a reload of the page);
* the code should be html5/css3/js6 compliant and follow the good practices of the web.
Currently, the table uses listjs ([url removed, login to view]), but it can be changed by any other library, as long as it's a light, open source, and installable on the server. A js template can be used.
7 freelancers are bidding on average €24 for this job
Does the website have the API set up server side to which the ajax requests shall be made? Can you share the endpoints? Also, is it a world facing public page where this is applicable? Take care!
Hi there, I'm a senior web developer and have enough experience in web development. Also familiar with listjs. Let me help you on this project. I'm looking forward your positive reply Thank you.