Please refer attached Image, UI not need to be pixel perfect its just for reference
1. The items of the dropdown should be fetched from a collection
2. There should be two fields per each item - an identifier (e.g. _id of mongo collection) and a text to be displayed.
3. The component should be visually customizable including (but not limited to) colors, icons, and fonts of the dropdown ( Important )
4. Similar to point (2) - it should be possible to parameterize the list with another templates name which will be used to render the individual items ( Important)
5. The component shall be used both as a state (meaning you can query the currently selected item(s)) and as an event generator.