Hi. I'm an experienced Full Stack Web Application developer who is looking for help; someone to collaborate with.
I am building a Perl based web application and hoping to find a developer who can help me keep the project moving along.
I'm thinking bootstrap for the frontend since I'm familiar with it.
My strong preference for the backend is Perl Dancer since I'm most experienced with it. Encrypted cookie sessions comes mostly free right out of the box.
My goal is to hire someone who can help with a few of the basic tasks first and after that we would move on to the actual application logic if the work is good and communication is timely.
Think of Part 1 as getting to know each other.
Part 1 - User sign up
Given an AWS EC2 Amazon Linux instance:
* Create a Dancer (or Mojo) application. Listens on port 80 is fine for now.
* Post /route to accept sign up HTML form's info of first_name, last_name, and email_address.
* App sends confirmation link via email to user to confirm email address
* Link expires in ___ days? (Optional if you want)
* Clicking of the confirmation link sends user to HTML page with create/confirm password fields
* Password meets some constraints. You pick something.
* Successfully setting password sends user to log in /route page.
* Logging in accepts and validates user's email and password combo.
* Session cookie [user is "authenticated"] value is set here.
* Create some /route requiring user be authenticated. If authenticated, page says Hi $first_name. If not authenticated then redirects user to sign up /route.
I can provide you a public facing database endpoint if you need it. You should then be able to create whatever table(s) you need for the above exercise. I can assist if you need help.
I can provide ssh access to an ec2 instance if you need it.
For email sending in Dancer, on aws ec2, I use sendgrid, but am open to whatever works and you have experience with.
The work is done when I can access the application, "sign up", confirm my email, set passwords, and finally log into the application. Session cookie will be set at this time.
The deliverables: All Perl code, config files, bootstrap html form/files, jquery, etc. Basically, all the files needed to run the Part 1 app in an aws ec2.
I am available to answer questions before and during the project.