We are looking for a developer to help us finish building our web app.
A Full Stack Developer who will work with the following tech:
- React / Redux / Webpack / PostCSS
- Backend framework: HapiJS
- Data layer: GraphQL / Apollo + Hapi integration
- Database: MongoDB + Mongoose
The application is currently about 50-60% complete.
Unfortunately our current developer due to some recent personal circumstances can no longer fulfill his obligations. But he has provided documentation explaining the the project set up and development logic for what has been completed. He’s also happy to answer questions for you, when you take over this project.
There’s a strong structure already in the project. The existing set up and code in the repo is clear enough for a competent developer to follow and build the rest of the sections.
Of course, the rest of the sections/ functionality are unique & challenging in their own way. It will hence be stimulating & inspiring for the right person to continue the project.
The positive thing about this project’s current situation is that the heavy lifting and dirty details (which usually takes the most effort in large applications) have already been done.
That said, the developer who is going to work on this, will have to look at what’s been done until now and make their own assessment too.
At the end of the day this is a large sophisticated platform, but it has been clearly set up, with good information architecture, easy to follow high-quality visual design, and good communication support.
The managers of this project are really organized, professional and friendly. They understand this app thoroughly, and will be available to answer any questions you may have.
Additionally, to help you develop the application (aside from the sections of the project which are currently complete) there is also the following:
- A fully complete & clickable (final design) prototype of all sections and pages, which can be accessed via Invisionapp.
- CSS values are also provided using an app called Zeplin for desktop, tablet & mobile. This is a huge saving of time in front end development, which also provides accuracy of design replication.
- To fill in any gaps, clear text documentation will also be provided to explain all interactions and functionality.
- Bitbucket for the front end and back end repositories
- The project managers extensively test the application and log bugs (including cross-browser tests)
- We use Zoho Projects for managing all tasks and issues
- Hipchat is for text-chat communication
- We also use voice / video chat as and when required
We anticipate the work will go on for at least 3 months. You’ll have to be available for ‘at least’ 30 billable hours per week.
Project will be billed at USD 15 per hour (Research / up-skilling / learning time will not be billed).
We’re looking to start as soon as possible.
You have good CSS skills to reproduce the UI accurately from the prototype designs, and you're familiar with webpack, postcss, etc (of course the set up for this is already there in the app).
With regards to Apollo / GraphQL it is fairly new, so experience in this has to do with keen interest & fondness for this tech. Being up to date with happenings in Apollo/GraphQL is quite relevant.
The more important thing is what kind of a person we are dealing with. Open to learning, the ability to implement these learnings on a large project, strong attention to detail, humbleness to accept feedback and apply this will be regarded quite highly.
At the end of a successful build, you’ll definitely be proud for this application to be part of your portfolio!
Tell us about your approach to large projects and why your interested in working on this project?
PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE BEFORE SENDING YOUR PROPOSAL
16 freelancers are bidding on average $616 for this job
Please check this website. [login to view URL] This is my previous React.js website. Relevant Skills and Experience ReactJS, Node.js Proposed Milestones $555 AUD - Initial milestone