We are looking Ruby on Rails software developer to help perfect, maintain and build onto a custom application. We operate one of the top brands on the Shopify platform and currently use a custom Ruby on Rails application with the Shopify Admin and Storefront API's to create a custom dashboard for our users.
In its current state, the application controls the content on each user's dashboard, syncs orders and aides in the import of 3rd party data as necessary. However, our continued growth at a rapid rate requires additional dedicated support for the application.
The best fit for this project will have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails development, testing and deployment
- Heroku and related Dynos
- Github including automated deployments
- Shopify Admin and Storefront API's
- General development best practices
- Organizing and prioritizing the needs within the application from our multiple departments
- Ability to recommend opportunities to improve the application and back up your recommendations with evidence that it will improve our business model
This will be a contract position, time to be determined after you are able to review the application and our additional needs. It is a highly likely the opportunity could turn into full-time employment in the next 3-6 months.
Anyone with experience in the above areas are encouraged to apply with your hourly contract rate and examples of your work. Code samples are ok, but ability to show a fully functional web application is preferred.
We will be making a decision in the next 1-2 weeks.