i am looking to develop a game similar to the one in this link
[url removed, login to view]
it will run on a pc, using a kinect controller
i am just getting estimates for a project of this scope at the time, estimate should include cost and time. please be as detailed as possible
all assets characters and backgrounds elements etc, will be designed and provided but will need to have 3d assets developed.
more detail below:
Surfing / Skateborad Project:
o Base gameplay (based on the surfing concept; skateboard is similar except change out environment)
Moving wave. Animated analog for child appears on surfboard. Rides wave
Child stands on physical surfboard structure in the play area across from the screen. Surfboard does not move for safety reasons
• We need to identify asap the distance we need the child from screen/sensor
As the child moves and leans from side to side, it controls the movement of the animated surfer on the screen as he rides the wave
• As an alternative, for younger or less coordinated children, they can move their arm out to one side or the other to trigger the movement of the surfer on the wave
• Both actions will be available at all times
As the child rides the wave, objects will come at them from the sea. Such as sharks, shellfish, bouys, rings, etc.
• Have three or four fixed lanes for objects to travel towards the surfer
• Some items are to be avoided, some items are to be collected
• Points are won by successfully avoiding and collecting the appropriate items.
• Score most points in a set time period.
• Crashing into item does not kill off the player, just makes a noise, or slows them down, or something passive.
As a child gets up on the surfboard, it will trigger a new game.
• If child goes off surfboard, it will end the game
• If time expires, it will end the game.
• There will not be any leaderboard or anything, because we don’t have a way to type a name etc.
o We could potentially add a leaderboard, with Kinect driven letter selection, but it is expensive and cumbersome to operate for the children
Animation will not be photo realistic.
• There will be a large cost to model and render the characters, the waves, and the water effects for this game. The more we spend, the better it will look.
• We will need to provide an example of the level of animation to manage expectations of everyone involved. We need to manage client expectations.
• Character design needs to match the background elements. We will need a 2D thematic design treatment from the client for this part. Includes the environment, the characters, and the objects. Then we can model from those treatments.
• The view of the waves and the surfer character will be first person mode, viewing from the back and the objects will come towards the surfer.
o The surfer will remain stationary vertically on the screen (the depth of the surfer), and the movement will be horizontally side to side to catch and avoid objects. However, with the animation of the water effect, it will give the appearance that the surfer is moving forward as well
12 freelancers are bidding on average $15075 for this job
Hi Kinect, 2D Games, 3D games, Gesture control, motion sensing, unity3D are the areas of expertise you have with Credencys. Please check the PMB for more information. Regards