I am looking for a lawyer / solicitor who can help me with the enforcement of the EU261 law.
The incident took place last year in december with China Southern Airlines on a flight from Manila to Dublin. Until now I have no response from them.
In case of cancellation, in addition to informing passengers of available alternative means of transport, offer the following service:
(I) a choice of:
(a) refund of the entire cost of the ticket within seven days (in cash, by means of wire transfer, with bank deposits or cheques or, subject to written agreement, with travel vouchers and/or other services) at the purchase price, for the part or parts not taken, and for the part or parts already taken if the flight in question has become pointless with regard to the initial travel programme, as well as, if appropriate, a return flight to the initial point of departure as soon as possible; or
(b) boarding on an alternative flight to the final destination under comparable conditions of carriage as soon as possible; or
(c) boarding on an alternative flight to the final destination under comparable conditions of carriage on a subsequent date chosen by the passenger, subject to availability of seating;
(II) in addition, at no cost:
(a) food and drink in conformity to the length of the delay; and
(b) two telephone calls or messages via telex, fax or e-mail; as well as
(c) in case of boarding on a flight alternative to the cancelled flight, when the reasonably foreseeable departure time for the new flight is delayed by at least one day compared to the scheduled departure time of the cancelled flight:
(i) hotel accommodation in the following cases:
(c) if one or more overnight stays are necessary, or
(d) if an additional stay is necessary, beyond that planned by the passenger; and
(ii) transport between the airport and the place of accommodation (hotel or other);
(III) in addition, unless:
- the passenger had been informed of the cancellation at least two weeks before the scheduled departure time; or
- the passenger had been informed of the cancellation between two weeks and seven days before the scheduled departure time and was offered re-routing on an alternate flight not more than two hours before the scheduled departure time, with arrival at the final destination less than four hours after the scheduled arrival time; or
- the passenger had been informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled departure time and was offered re-routing, departing on an alternate flight not more than one hour before the scheduled departure time, with arrival at the final destination less than two hours after the scheduled arrival time; or
- Airline can prove that cancellation was due to extraordinary circumstances that could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken; pay the following compensation:
(a) EUR 250 for all flights covering distances less than or equal to 1,500 kilometres;
(b) EUR 400 for all intra-community flights covering distances greater than 1,500 kilometres, and for all other fights covering distances from 1,500 to 3,500 kilometres;
(c) EUR 600 for all flights not falling under letters (a) or (b) above.
If departure for the final destination on an alternate flight is offered as described at point I. (b) or (c), and the arrival time of such alternate flight does not exceed the scheduled arrival time of the originally booked flight:
(1) by two hours, for all flights covering distances less than or equal to 1,500 kilometres; or
(2) by three hours, for all intra-community flights covering distances greater than 1,500 kilometres, and for all other fights covering distances from 1,500 to 3,500 kilometres; or
(3) by four hours, for all flights not falling under cases (1) or (2), Airline may reduce such above-described compensation by 50%.
5 freelancers are bidding on average $226 for this job
Hi I would love to assist you with this task. I have ample experience with the Directive you refered to and I will easily advise on the most efficient course of action upon presentation of the facts and the airline.