We are looking for an expert webmaster who has experience in managing 1&1 dedicated server and knowledge of Parallels Plesk Control panel.
Server is Linux based.
You will not be provided any access to server, we will ask you queries and you have to reply to it.
You must be aware to do followings
1) Static IP address
2) Assign IP Addresses to domains
3) Using mail server/1&1 mail server and setting for the same
4) Checking DNS and make sure that it is configured correctly.
We will test your knowledge in PMB.
Here is question
Server was down, how do you check the log, which log to check and how to find out what was the problem.
anyone coming up with detailed and correct answer gets the project.
Following are the details of work we need at this moment
anyone interested let me know the cost and capability to do so.
This who have already replied no need to reply further.
We have to finalize the project today..
1&1 Dedicated Server - Linux
Parallels Plesk Control Panel
You have to provide the instructions to do it as we have people inhouse who can take care of executing instructions.
Only in extreme cases we can provide server access as all of domains are live.
We are available all time to communicate. You also have to be available live
1) We need to block FTP access to all IP addresses except the ones we use.
Is it possible to block FTP at all and access account via any other serial console or SSH/SFTP etc?
If we are going to add IP address in blocking then we need to allow IPs in the range 83.34.*.* as we use dynamic address, is it possible?
2) You have to check the logs thoroughly and find out what are the security compromises?
We know that we are getting FTP attacks
3) We see Socket duplicate problems, which reqire solution
4) Our server is being shut down automatically, either it could be due to Attack or due to hardware problem.
In either case we need to find out exact problem and get it rectified.
5) configure firewalls and any other protecting mechanism available
6) Block open ports etc..
Once above important tasks are done we need following work to be done
7) Create cron jobs/or via facility available to backup site regularly. 1&1 dedicated server provides FTP details to store the backup file but it doesn't priovide the way to do it.
So we have to use 3rd party free avialbale script or software to do it.
8) Create Server monitoring trigger so that if server goes down we are informed by e-mail
9) Stats - send monthly stats report for each domain hosted automatically via e-mail
10) Any db/disk optimization for maximum utilization
11) Process control - make sure that we are not running any unnecessary processes
14 freelancers are bidding on average $71 for this job
Hello, I can work for you. I have good webhosting experience. I can work according to your budget in order to maintain long term business relationship. Regards, Kamran
Hi, I have been using 1&1 dedicated services for a couple of months. I can handle the job and explain what to do for the futur, providing with a sort of how to with SSl, SSH, Apache and MySQL tuning. Regards