This project requires a very proficient Joomla 1.5 developer.
What I require is hands on assistance to launch the redesigned version of this website [url removed, login to view]
The development url for the new version in Joomla 1.5 is [url removed, login to view]
I am using the Solar Sentinel template from [url removed, login to view]
Here's what requires troubleshooting and assistance once the domain is pointed to the new server:
1. 301 redirect script (Have installed ReDj)
Issue: I can't populate the urls until I have turned on SEo Friendly urls and renamed the htaccess file
2. Install Google Analytics Script successfully on all pages
(Issue - site needs to be using [url removed, login to view] domain for the analytics to be installed)
3. Old site requires a major back up
4. Current server of development site - I question it's power and concerned that site could be slow
I wonder if there's a way of testing it.
5. I need for someone to look at the extensions I've got installed on the site and confirm that they
will all continue to work once the domain is changed.
6. I am using the SOBI2 Directory extension and I see that it requires users to 'log in' if they want to add their listing. I am not clear on how to enable this logging in and want to make sure its working prior to launch.
My preferences - I would like to launch the site on Saturday January 23rd. I would like to be advised on what can be done to ease the transition before that time and make a plan with the Joomla Expert.
When we switch the domain I want to work with the person in day time hours so we can deal with any fires
together once the [url removed, login to view] domain is pointed to the new servers.
It should be a pretty exciting project! I don't expect many hang ups - I can do a lot of the leg work (like the 301 redirects etc) but I really need an expert who can quickly tell me what needs to happen and the step by step process.